Meadows is excited to partner with
Accurate Firearms Training to offer a License to Carry Class.
(formerly known as CHL)
Class Instructor: David Hancock – Former Texas State Trooper
CLASSROOM PORTION will be provided for FREE!!
Our recommendation is to use Accurate Firearms for your range instructor also. They provide that service for $25.00, and the range used has a very reasonable fee as well.
License To Carry Course Registration
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the LTC class?
- The Texas Department of Public Safety requires a minimum of 4 to 6 hours of training for a new applicant.
What is the cost of the LTC class?
- FREE classroom portion
What do I need for the classroom portion?
- Comfortable clothing, pen, clipboard or hard surface to write on, and a current State of Texas Drivers’ License or a photo I.D. Card from another state.
Do I need to bring lunch/dinner with me?
- There will be short breaks throughout the day, however NO long lunch break.
- PIZZA by the slice will be sold as a fundraiser for the student ministry.
- You may bring snacks/food with you if needed.
What topics are covered in the LTC class?
- Students will receive classroom instruction pertaining to deadly force, dispute resolution, concealed handgun law, gun safety and storage, selection of a concealed carry gun, open carry, handgun accuracy training, and the handgun proficiency test.
Where is the class held?
- The classroom portion will be held at Meadows Church.
- 3001 Los Rios Blvd, Plano, TX 75074 USA
What kind of gun do I need to bring?
- You DO NOT need a gun for this classroom portion. Please DO NOT bring a gun into the building during the classroom portion. See Range Qualification Section.
Who is eligible to obtain a Texas LTC?
- You must be at least 21 years of age or 18 years of age and on active duty in the U.S. Military, and not a convicted felon. Eligibility requirements are listed on the Texas DPS website.
When I go to the range for the shooting qualification, what do I need to bring to the range?
CHECK WITH YOUR RANGE. (This is our recommendation:)
- A .22 caliber or larger revolver or semi-automatic that is in good working condition. Rental guns are available.
- 50 – 100 rounds of factory ammunition. RELOADS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Two magazines for a semi-auto handgun. One magazine is ok if you don’t have two available.
- Hearing protection if you have your own; otherwise ear protection can be purchased for a small fee at the range.
- Eye protection if you have your own; otherwise eye protection can be purchased for a small fee at the range.
- Clothing that is suitable for a shooting range and weather conditions.
If I qualify with a revolver, can I carry a semi-auto handgun?
- Yes, and vice versa.
At what distances do I have to shoot from during the range qualification?
- From a standing position, you will fire 20 rounds from 3 yards, 20 rounds from 7 yards, and 10 rounds from 15 yards. The target will be a B-27 silhouette.
What is the passing score for the range qualification?
- You must score 70%+, or 175 points out of the possible 250 points in order to pass.
What happens if I do not pass the range qualification?
- You may take the range proficiency test up to 3 times before you are classified as failed. You must have 50 rounds of ammunition for each attempt.